As a professional waterproofing contractor, we understand the importance of protecting your home from water damage. The exterior waterproofing methods that we use are designed to keep your basement dry and prevent costly water damage. With our expertise, we can help you choose the best waterproofing method that suits your needs and budget. In this article, we’ll discuss the different types of exterior waterproofing methods that we use to keep your home safe and dry. So let’s dive in!
Exterior Waterproofing Methods
- Excavation and Membrane Installation: This is one of the most common methods of exterior waterproofing. It involves excavating the soil around your home’s foundation and installing a waterproof membrane. The membrane acts as a barrier to prevent water from entering your basement through the foundation walls.
- French Drain System: A French drain system is another popular method of exterior waterproofing. It involves digging a trench around the perimeter of your home’s foundation and installing a perforated pipe. The pipe is then covered with gravel and a waterproof membrane to allow water to flow away from your foundation and prevent it from seeping into your basement.
- Weeping Tile Installation: Weeping tile is a porous pipe that is installed around the perimeter of your home’s foundation. It is designed to collect water and direct it away from your home, preventing it from entering your basement. Weeping tile systems can be installed both inside and outside of your foundation walls, depending on the specific needs of your property.
- Foundation Crack Repair: Cracks in your foundation walls can allow water to seep into your basement, causing dampness and mold growth. Foundation crack repair involves sealing any cracks in your foundation walls to prevent water from entering your home. This is an effective method of waterproofing that can be used in conjunction with other techniques.
- Exterior Waterproof Coatings: Waterproof coatings can be applied to the exterior of your foundation walls to prevent water from penetrating the surface. These coatings are typically made from a liquid rubber material that is applied in multiple layers to create a barrier against water.
At IcyReno Waterproofing, we have years of experience providing exterior waterproofing services to homeowners in Toronto. We understand the importance of protecting your home from water damage and use a variety of techniques to ensure that your property stays dry and safe. From excavation and membrane installation to French drain systems and weeping tile, we have the skills and expertise needed to provide effective waterproofing solutions for your home. Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule a free consultation.