Increase The Height Of Your basement
Best Basement Underpinning Contractors.
Basement underpinning or basement lowering is a method used to increase the height of your basement. Basement underpinning is an excellent renovation route if you’re looking to benefit from additional living space, strengthen your home’s structure and increase the value of your home. Underpinning can also be done to support the structure of your house without the lowering process. Incase your home is sitting on very disturbed soil, underpinning can be highly beneficial as a safety precaution to stabilize the foundation.
As an experienced Toronto basement finishing company, you can always count on IcyReno for basement underpinning done right. We offer quality, customer-oriented service at affordable prices. We will work with you to plan out your full project including efficient budgeting. So if you’re looking to lower your basement or wanting to build an entirely new basement below your house, you’ve come to the right place!
Why Choose Us?
- Experienced Team of Basement Contractors
- From Permits to Materials – We Take Care of Everything!
- Full Planning & Project Management
- Thousands Of Happy Clients
- Bonded & Insured Team
Get Your Free Quote - Call Us Today!
building liveable spaces one basement at a time
The Benefits of
Basement underpinning is an excellent renovation route if you’re looking to benefit from additional living space, strengthen your home’s structure and reduce long-term maintenance costs. Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of a larger living area in your home, but you’ll also be able to enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that your home is more structurally sound and efficient.
Top Benefits of Basement Underpinning:
- Increased living space. Basements are often underused or neglected, with many homeowners not taking advantage of the extra potential space below their home. Underpinning your basement gives you more usable room in the house, allowing for additional bedrooms, bathrooms, and other living spaces.
- Increased value to your home. By adding more living space, you can increase the overall value of your home and make it more attractive to potential buyers in the future.
- Improved structural integrity. Basement underpinning can help strengthen and stabilize the foundation of your home, reducing long-term risks such as cracking or shifting.
- Improved drainage and moisture control. Basement underpinning can help reduce water issues in your basement, providing a dryer, healthier environment.
- Increased energy efficiency. With improved insulation, drafts are eliminated and temperatures are more easily regulated, resulting in lower heating costs over time.
Years on the Market
Warranty Up to 25 Years
for our customers
Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases, if your basement is showing signs of cracking or settling, then it may need to be underpinned. Other signs that suggest you need underpinning include bowing walls and sloping floors as well as moisture in the basement. If you are uncertain, contact a professional for an assessment.
The length of time for underpinning depends on the size and scope of the job. Generally, underpinning a single-story house can take anywhere from one to two weeks whereas underpinning a multi-story structure may take more than three weeks.
Underpinning can be disruptive depending on the extent of work and location. If it’s a simple job, then there may only be minor disruption such as jackhammering for one to two days. However, larger jobs may require excavation which can cause more noise and dust. We will provide tips and suggestions on how to prepare for your renovation project.
Yes, there can be safety concerns related to underpinning such as the risk of collapse or structural damage due to poor workmanship. It is incredibly crucial to hire an experienced and reputable company who adheres to safety regulations in order to avoid any potential risks. As one of the largest basement underpinning companies in the GTA, we take safety incredibly seriously.
Yes, you will need a permit for basement underpinning in Toronto and the GTA. As part of the Ontario Building Code all structural alterations to an existing home require permits from your local city building department. Depending on the scope and size of the project, additional permits may also be required from other departments such as the Ministry of Environment or Conservation Authorities. It is essential to obtain all the necessary permits prior to beginning any work. Failing to do so can result in costly delays and penalties. We will guide you through the whole process.